Naomi Campbell has gone on record, accusing the modeling industry of being racist.
In the German edition of Glamour magazine, the supermodel publicly declared that black models are not treated equally in the business. She went on to add:
“You know, the American president may be black, but as black woman, I am still an exception in this business. I always have to work harder to be treated equally. [...] In the past, there were more opportunities for black models but the trend towards blond women has again become extreme. In magazines, on the catwalk, I see blond, blue-eyed models everywhere.”
You know, I agree with her and I’m glad that she’s being so vocal about it.
- Naomi Campbell Losing Confidence As She Nears 40
- Naomi Campbell To Host Reality TV Modeling Competition
- Naomi Campbell works on her image with babies
- Naomi Campbell heads to the opera
- Naomi Campbell gets HAMMERED and passes out